Sara A. Nelson, PT, MOMT, CHT, CDT-Vodder, CLT-LANA
Developed by Sara in 2006 after years of extensive clinical practice with lymphedema patients, this is our latest course to stimulate and motivate therapists to achieve even better results.
Improving patient compliance and assisting your patients to wellness through the practice of a lymphedema self care program.
Advance your practice in the evaluation and treatment of the complex lymphedema patient. Various principles of practice of the master clinician, such as differential diagnosis, identifying and working with behavioral limitations, and developing an integrative approach will be discussed. Labs will include experiential practice of concepts. Case studies will be presented to facilitate effective treatment planning. This is an interactive course that will provide lecture, discussion, and experiential activities to encourage participants to integrate this information into the development of customized programs to enhance the quality care of their patients.
Check out this link for further information;
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe and demonstrate the process and components of evaluating the complex lymphedema patient
- Develop and demonstrate specific treatment planning strategies for the complex lymphedema patient
- Discuss the rationale and impact of working in an integrative model of health care
- Understand the use of practical behavior management tools for managing this patient population
- Understand the role of the practitioner in facilitating change in patient behavior